Change your Address with CRA

Address Change with CRA

It is your responsibility to let CRA know of any address changes as soon as possible. If you have recently moved, make sure to change your address with CRA. This will ensure you are receiving any important mail from them regarding your return, refunds, notice of assessments, etc. Of course make sure to let us here at Cahill CPA know of any address changes (as well as other important changes to your information that may impact your return, including: name change, change in marital status, new dependents, etc).

To change your address with CRA:


This is by far the fastest and most convenient way to change your address with CRA. Especially if you have already created an online account.

To create or log in to your existing online account, click the CRA Link here.

By Mail or Fax:

Fill out a change of address form, shortcut found here.

Mail the completed form to:  

Canada Revenue Agency

9755 King George Boulevard

Surrey BC

V3T 5E1

Or Fax the completed form to: 604-689-7536

Or by phone:

Make sure to have all your necessary identification and information ready.

Call: 1-800-959-8281

When calling, make sure to have the following information ready:

  • your social insurance number or business number;
  • your name or business name;
  • your complete address or complete business address;
  • for individual accounts, your date of birth;
  • for individual and trust accounts, details from your account or your most recently assessed return, notice of assessment, reassessment, or other tax document; and
  • for business accounts, details from your business account or your most recently assessed business-related tax information return.

(Source: CRA website. Link)

As always, call us at our North Vancouver office to speak to one of our chartered accountants for more informaiton or to answer any questions you might have. 

Cahil CPA   604-985-0123       info@cahillcpa.ca

Stay informed

January 2, 2024

Understanding the New T3 Trust Reporting Requirements

Good afternoon, My name is Julia, and I am here to discuss the new reporting requirements for trusts. These rules will apply to Trusts that have tax years ending after…

July 20, 2023

Understanding the New Underused Housing Tax (UHT)

The federal government announced the new underused housing tax (UHT) as part of the 2021 federal budget which came into effect on Jan 1, 2022. In a nutshell, the UHT is a…

November 1, 2022

Business Excellence Awards Finalist

We are so honoured to be a finalist in the North Vancouver Chamber Business Excellence Awards in the category of Best Employer. From the North Vancouver Chamber: The North Vancouver…