To our small business clients: do you understand the IT risks that face Canadian small businesses? CPA Canada provides a great resource- free of charge- for small businesses who may need help preventing and preparing against technology-related risks. It gives some great practical strategies to improve your IT security and safeguard important online data. This is an excellent reminder to small business owners of the issues & risks that can arise related to technology, and provides recommendations for prevention and trouble-shooting.
You can download the PDF from the CPA website here.
Some of the great tips in this resource include:
- Having a business continuity plan
- Needing effective management of IT vendors
- Actively managing the security of data
- Updating anti-virus & anti-malware
- Controlling Access
- Considering & Preventing cyber threats
- Creating IT Risk Mitigation strategies
Source: CPA Canada Wesbite